2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2010 6:27 AM by chris georgenes

CS4 wipe and dissolve

Mongoose_MA

I’m new to CS4 coming from Flash 8.  How do you do a wipe or dissolve transition in CS 4.  It used to be Timeline Effects/ Transition in Flash 8?

• 1. Re: CS4 wipe and dissolve
          Harry Kunz Level 4

Adobe flash really has this built-in transition effect? As far as i know, you have to code it yourself. Wipes and dissolve can easily be done with masks. If you want direct bitmap manipulation to do the effect you need to use the BitmapData class but it's a little more complicated. Masks is the easier approach.

Addendum: Oh i found something, it indeed has those transitions under mx.transitions, but you can't make them work together.

import mx.transitions.*;

TransitionManager.start(mc, {type:Wipe, direction:Transition.IN, duration:2, easing:None.easeNone, startPoint:1});

//TransitionManager.start(mc, {type:PixelDissolve, direction:Transition.IN, duration:2, easing:None.easeNone, xSections:10, ySections:10});

Another way:

var MyMgr:TransitionManager = new TransitionManager(mc);

var cDissolve:Dissolve = new PixelDissolve(mc, null, MyMgr);

cDissolve.start();

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CS4 wipe and dissolve
            chris georgenes Level 2

Some people who can and like to code can use actionScript. others who can't code or rely on frame-accurate animations (for export to video or sync with audio) use the various color effect tools like "Alpha" and tweens to achieve this effect. As for "wipes" you can use masks along with animations to achieve an infinite amount of wipes.

1 person found this helpful