4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2007 9:46 AM by cyberforex

HTM & HTML ext

cyberforex
      Groupers

I have the site that been designed with DW8. the extentions of the file including my home page is HTML. I am now trying to load the site to my remote server(host) but the host have their RULES. the HOME PAGE must have the name & extention index.HTM or default.HTM. I changed my home page to index.HTM. I am not an experence person on designing or coding the website. I thought it should not have problem with changing the extention.
      I now having problem even my home page(index) not seen on my local folder. when i open the page on remote or local folder I gate this error msg

Started: 03/09/2007 13:04 C:\Users\My Name\Desktop\MysiteName\web\content - error occurred - Put operation failed since content does not exist on the local site. File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed. Files with errors: 1 C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\MySiteName\web\content Finished: 03/09/2007 13:04

MYSITENAME is my root folder(all my site files/folders are in). WEB\CONTENT is the remote folders(host folders) where i have been asked by my host to put my site(files from my local folder).

I need some help to solve the problem. your help will be appreciated.

Regards

CyberForex
        • 1. Re: HTM & HTML ext
          bregent Most Valuable Participant
          >I am now trying to load the site to my remote server(host) but the host have their RULES. the HOME PAGE must have the >name & extention index.HTM or default.HTM.

Who is your host? Very often, hosts will allow you to change the default filename.

>I changed my home page to index.HTM. I am not an experence person on designing or coding
          >the website. I thought it should not have problem with changing the extention.

Did you change the filename within DW? If so, it should have prompted you to update all of the links referencing it.
          • 2. Re: HTM & HTML ext
            Level 7
            On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 14:16:58 +0000 (UTC), "cyberforex"
            <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>Groupers
            >
            > I have the site that been designed with DW8. the extentions of the file
            >including my home page is HTML. I am now trying to load the site to my remote
            >server(host) but the host have their RULES. the HOME PAGE must have the name &
            >extention index.HTM or default.HTM. I changed my home page to index.HTM.

So far, so good.

> I am
            >not an experence person on designing or coding the website. I thought it should
            >not have problem with changing the extention.
            > I now having problem even my home page(index) not seen on my local folder.

Hold it right there. Can you not see the file on your computer when
            you look in the folder, or can it not be found when you view your site
            via your local web server?

>when i open the page on remote or local folder I gate this error msg
            >
            > Started: 03/09/2007 13:04 C:\Users\My Name\Desktop\MysiteName\web\content -
            >error occurred - Put operation failed since content does not exist on the local
            >site. File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.
            >Files with errors: 1 C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\MySiteName\web\content Finished:
            >03/09/2007 13:04
            >
            > MYSITENAME is my root folder(all my site files/folders are in). WEB\CONTENT is
            >the remote folders(host folders) where i have been asked by my host to put my
            >site(files from my local folder).
            >
            > I need some help to solve the problem. your help will be appreciated.
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > CyberForex
            >

• 3. Re: HTM &amp; HTML ext
              Level 7

> I changed my home page to index.HTM

wild guess- was it index.htm before?

Also, is this site an ftp site, or an 'ftp & rds' site?
              Is the icon next to the main folder in dw's Files Panel a folder, or a
              computer?

--
              Alan
              Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 4. Re: HTM &amp; HTML ext
                cyberforex Level 1
                Groupers,

Thak you for your input.
                I managed to solve the problem. I changed the INDEX.HTM to DEFAULT.HTM. i think is has to do with host. even though they say the home page have to be either index.htm or default.htm but to me index.htm didnt work. it should work but I did not know what was the problem. i done nothing much all i did change the name to default that all.

many thanks to you all.

CyberFx