2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2010 4:13 AM by Bottazzoli-dNpTm1

NTSC or PAL

Bottazzoli-dNpTm1 Level 1

Hi,

I'm ready to buy the new HDR-AX2000 AVCHD Camcorder available in USA for some 3500USD.

I'm in Namibia, the TV standard is PAL the US Cam is NTSC, means HDTV FX 24Mbps 1920x1080/60i 30p and the 24p mode.

My question:

-     What are the problems to capture and edit with PPR CS4 in this mode and then export as HDTV 24p or 50i.....

-     Any other concerns appart ev. the 110Volt charger (Yes, we have power in Namibia 220V)

please advice, thanks in advance, JPB

• 1. Re: NTSC or PAL
          Harm Millaard Level 7

I would never buy a NTSC camera if the majority of the work needs PAL. Conversion is never a good idea. It takes too much time and it creates a quality hit. B&H have some models in PAL versions. Other outlets may have the same. An alternative is to look at http://www.globalmediapro.com/ but be aware that they do not have the good reputation of B&H. Some are positive, but others are pretty negative in their experiences and opinions.

• 2. Re: NTSC or PAL
            Bottazzoli-dNpTm1 Level 1

Good Day Harm,

thanks for advice. It confirms the test I just made: import 1080/50i into 1080/60i sequence and export it as 1080/25p. Lose of quality is the one and time consumpting on my 7i 945 proc considerable, for a 60min video over 120 minutes re-coding.

B&H is the best, I have use them for several photo equippment, always delivered in time and excellent communication.

Try to find a PAL model, thanks and regards, JPB

www.bottazzoli.com