2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2007 1:26 PM by TimSymons

animate mc's sequentially

kevicus
      I've been looking around, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend me to some good tutorials or script examples of how to start a var animation based on the completion of the previous animation.

I simply want each var in my code to start once the previous one is done, simple sequential animation. Whats the best way to do this?

Also any advice for how I've set this up would be good, if I'm doing anything antiquated or the like,

Here is my code:

[code]import fl.transitions.*;
      import fl.transitions.easing.*;

var bubble3Tween:Object = TransitionManager.start(logo_mc.bubble3_mc, {type:Zoom, direction:0, duration:1, easing: Bounce.easeOut});

var bubble2Tween:Object = TransitionManager.start(logo_mc.bubble2_mc, {type:Zoom, direction:0, duration:1, easing: Bounce.easeOut});

var bubble1Tween:Object = TransitionManager.start(logo_mc.bubble1_mc, {type:Zoom, direction:0, duration:1, easing: Bounce.easeOut});

[/code]
        • 1. Re: animate mc's sequentially
          kevicus Level 1
          Really? Wow, ok, thanks for ALL the help guys, you ALL are SOOOO great. Oh wait, no one posted crap.. oops, guess none of you can help.
          • 2. Re: animate mc's sequentially
            TimSymons Level 1
            Look up the Tween object. It has events that is can listen for that let you know when the tween has finished.

This was taken directly from the Help docs.

import fl.transitions.Tween;
            import fl.transitions.easing.*;
            var myTween:Tween = new Tween(myObject, "x", Elastic.easeOut, 0, 300, 3, true);
            myTween.addEventListener("motionFinish", nextAnimationFunction);

Tim