4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 1:44 AM by --tristian--

unable to set nativeapplication idleThreshold :(

flx23 Level 1

Hi all,

i am setting the idletime in the below code and further i have added an addeventlistener

public var IDLE_TIME:int=10;

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.USER_IDLE,setModeToIdle);

i am setting NativeApplication.nativeApplication.idleThreshold=IDLE_TIME;

private function setModeToIdle(evt:Event):void
                  {
                      //Application.application.swfContainer.toolTip="";
                      Application.application.stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;
                  }

when i set the idleThreshold to 10 which is bydefault ..if i keep the system idle for ten secs the  setModeToIdle should invoke ..but in my case it is taking the default 5 mins..of its own can any body put a light on it

plzzzzzzzz

• 1. Re: unable to set nativeapplication idleThreshold :(
          SpecialK

I have also experienced this same bug. I am using Flex 3.5.0a. The workaround is that you have to set it in Application. For example, I am building an AIR app, so in my WindowedApplication preinitialize function, I am setting the idle threshold.

preinitialize="nativeApplication.idleThreshold = IDLE_TIME"

This is definitely a bug, as Application.application.nativeApplication just returns Nativeapplication.nativeapplication. There is no reason why this value shouldn't be respected from wherever it has been set.

• 2. Re: unable to set nativeapplication idleThreshold :(
            jtoussaint

I am using Flash Builder 4.5 with Flex 4.5.1 sdk.

I am experiencing the same, unable to set the idleThreshold, neither via NativeApplication.nativeApplication.idleThreshold, nor via preinitialize="nativeApplication.idleThreshold=xx".

I tried many alternatives, and one that worked for me was when setting the idleThreshold to 5 and exactly 5 (nothing else so far tested worked.)

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.idleThreshold = 5;

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.USER_IDLE, onUserIdle);

So I implemented a counter in the onUserIdle function.

• 3. Re: unable to set nativeapplication idleThreshold :(
              jtoussaint Level 1

Bug understood. The idleThreshold seems to be disabled when a videodisplay is playing (my case). I tried without playing any video and the idleThreshold works perfectly.

• 4. Re: unable to set nativeapplication idleThreshold :(
                --tristian-- Level 1

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I've only recently come across this problem. I ended up re-adding the event listener to the nativeApplcation:

protected function applyIdleSettings():void

{

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.idleThreshold = model.idleThreshold;

if( NativeApplication.nativeApplication.hasEventListener(Event.USER_IDLE) ){

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.removeEventListener( Event.USER_IDLE, application_userIdleHander );

}

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener( Event.USER_IDLE, application_userIdleHander );

}