0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2010 3:47 AM by zjimbo

My dream CS5; just a though.

zjimbo

I just read the archive forum on "My Dream CS5" and it was quite full of replies, so I decided to ask a couple of questions, OK ?

It is taking me a long time to get them all sorted out but now that I am getting better acquainted I can't imagine using any thing but Premiere and Encore.

First: I was wondering if CS5 could use all the available Ram instead of having to reboot when the project I am working on slows down?

I have 8GB's of Ram and numerous drives. Dual core 64x6000 processer. GTX 260 video card, Win7 64 bit, Asustek Crosshair mother board.

In my earlier post I am going to learn how to use the HDD more effectively. But the one file I am referring to is a big one with lots of stuff.

Next: I have noticed that CS4 renders slow. I can speed up the process by sliding the sliders (?) at the top of my time line and deleting smaller sections at a time.

The counter really speeds up when I select only a small porting, say 150 to 200 frames.

Is there a way you could make CS5 select less frames to Render and then move into another set of frames; doing this automatically?

It is a hassle to do all this in real time but in the end the Render process is a lot quicker.

Jim