4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2010 6:27 AM by daled1

PE7 Loops forever generating DVD Menu with Blue Notes template

daled1

I have observed that PE7 will loop forever while generating the DVD Menu (when the target is either a DVD or a directory).  This will always happen when using the Blue Notes template if there are more than one main menu markers in the video to be produced.  It does not happen if there are one or no main menu markers.  It also does not happen with other menu templates.  I've confirmed this problem on multiple computers even after a fresh install of PE7.

It starts to loop after all the media has been processes right at the beginning of the write to the DVD or directory.

Where can I get a Blue Notes template that works properly?

• 1. Re: PE7 Loops forever generating DVD Menu with Blue Notes template
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I had tested the version of Blue Note in PrE 4, and had no issues with it. I do not know of any differences. In PrE 4, the Main Menu is 3765KB and dated 09/06/07 - 6:30AM. The Scene Selection Menu is 3610KB on the same date/time. Do not know if the Date/Time is from my installation, or the creation of the artwork. What is the size of the PrE 7 version?

Can you show us a screen-cap of your Timeline with the Main Menu Marker placement? Might be something there, that others could spot.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: PE7 Loops forever generating DVD Menu with Blue Notes template
            daled1 Level 1

I don't think a screen capture will help.  The problem happens with any test file that has two main menu markers on it.  This causes the blue notes template to duplicate the main menu with one marker on each.  If it makes a difference, I'm using a 16:9 aspect ratio for the video project.

My Blue Notes _mm template is dated 9/16/08 and is 3,855,333 bytes (same as your 3.765 KB in the explorer view).  This happens with or without any scene menu(s) present.  My guess is a bug in the Blue Note main template.

• 3. Re: PE7 Loops forever generating DVD Menu with Blue Notes template
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Now, just so that I am on the same page with you, you are saying that you want two (2) Main Menu Markers, but only want one Main Menu, and that it should have two Buttons, one to each of the two (2) Main Menu Markers. Is that correct?

You also indicate that you do this with all/most other Main Menu Templates. Is this correct?

You also have no Chapter Markers, and hence no Scene Selection Menus. Correct?

Just want to make sure that I am following along correctly.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PE7 Loops forever generating DVD Menu with Blue Notes template
                daled1 Level 1

If I put more than one main menu markers in my video, and use the Blue Notes template, PRE7 will always loop continusously after the media is encoded when it just begins to generate the DVD (or write to a directory).  It makes no difference how many chapter scenes there are.  I've not observed the problem with any other template.