2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2010 10:29 PM by RaSuSER

Large  35 second file size when exporting to .flv

RaSuSER

Hello I'm using After Effects cs4, I have a 35 second movie with sound. (Movie is complied of png images and After effect default filter) I have exported it as flv file and it is about 4.60 M.  That is a lot since it shuld be at around 2.5M.  What the best way to make the size smaller I've tried doing mov, mpg ect and then back to flv.  but it still stayd the same at around 4.6M.  Any suggestion on how to lower the size of the video?

• 1. Re: Large  35 second file size when exporting to .flv
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Any suggestion on how to lower the size of the video?

Get rid of the sound or at least lower its sample rate/ bitrate!? If that's not possible, you may be looking for a solution that doesn't exist. Regardless of how you tweak certain settings and degrade quality, there will always be a minimum file size at a given resolution that can't be notched down much further and it may be beyond the 2.5 MB... I also get the impression that this value is based on you just adding up the sizes of the source items, which of course is not true at all. FLV is a completely different process that creates a newly encoded clip, not a dynmaic interactive file such as a normal SWF. For the latter, you would need Flash/ Flash Catalyst and familairize yourself with XFL export from AE or the native animation options in those programs.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Large  35 second file size when exporting to .flv
            RaSuSER Level 1

Thanks for the answer I've also heard to save it as

quick time and then open it in Encore and export it from there.