1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2010 2:00 AM by David_Powers

adobe dreamweaver cs4 has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  W

jsaphar

I have Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 running on Windows Vista.  I can be using Dreamweaver CS4 and everything seems to be working okay and then I get this error message:

DreamweaverErrorMessage.jpg

Adobe Dreamweaver CS4has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solotion is available.

Sometimes it happens every 15 minutes and sometimes not at all.  I need so help trying to resolve this problem. Thank you for any help you can provide.

• 1. Re: adobe dreamweaver cs4 has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  W
          David_Powers Adobe Community Professional

It simply means that Dreamweaver has crashed. There could be all sorts of reasons for it happening. One reason could be that you're doing something unusual, such as working with a very large file, and Dreamweaver can't cope with it. If you can identify a regular pattern to the crashes, you can start working on finding a solution.

If there's no regular pattern to the crashes, it's more likely to be a problem on your computer. You might have a virus, or you could have faulty RAM. A couple of years ago, I was getting random crashes. I ran a diagnostic program on my RAM, and discovered that two RAM boards had errors. After I replaced them, the crashes stopped.