24 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2012 7:45 AM by silva6213 RSS

error 150:30

AnnNZ

Can no longer open Editor in Photoshop Elements 8 after a proffessional computer overhaul and upgrade. Just get Error message 150:30  Help please.

• 1. Re: error 150:30
          99jon CommunityMVP

Licensing for this product has stopped working.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/512/cpsid_51260.html

• 2. Re: error 150:30
            AnnNZ Community Member

Been through the License recovery exc. and downloaded 109.zip, rebooted computer, but no result. Still get error message. What happens if I remove Elements 8 and then reload?

• 3. Re: error 150:30
              Ankush Ved Community Member

Hi Ann,

Sorry for the previous message. I checked that you had already gone through that link. Hence, editing the message.

Can you please take the following steps:

1. In the Windows->Run dialog, type in Services.msc and hit Enter.

2. Check whether a service named FLEXnet Licensing Service is in Started state or not?

3. If not, change its status from Stopped/Null to Started/Running.

4. If the above service is not listed in the Services list, then right click the below .exe and select the option for Run As Administrator for the below .exe:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

Keep me informed in either case.

Regards,

Ankush

• 4. Re: error 150:30

Hey,

Is your issue resolved?

Regards,

Ankush

• 5. Re: error 150:30
                  AnnNZ Community Member

Everything works well after help from Technician

Thanks

Ann

• 6. Re: error 150:30

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved. Did the Technician told you what was the issue? May be that can help folks on this forum.

Also, it will be great if after adding those details you can mark the post as Answered so that other users can refer it.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankush

• 7. Re: error 150:30
                      AnnNZ Community Member

Sorry for the delay in replying, we have had a holiday

The solution was very simple

"Open services.cms, open Flexinet and change disabled to manual" !

All is now well

Thanks

Ann

• 8. Re: error 150:30
                        cmbtgr

Hit me today when I attempted to open PSE8.

License problem window recommended I reboot, which I did.

Happily, all is well and the program opened.

Wonder what that was all about???

• 9. Re: error 150:30

It might be that sue to some other processes running on the machine Licensing service took some time to initialize while the application called for the service...doesnt have a reliable reproducing scenario...keep us updated in case you see this dialog again...

Regards,

Ankush

• 10. Re: error 150:30
                            Truckle the Uncivil

Thanks for the information - I encountered this problem in Premirere Elements 8, after uninstalling a demo version of a plug-in (Neat Video) and installing the full version.

This may or may not have been a coincidence, but the procedure you listed worked fine.

Phew!!

• 11. Re: error 150:30
                              evierhill

Hi. Ann.

I am not very good at this. Can you tell me where I go to fix this problem. You said go to services.cms. I would appreicate it very much if you could explain this a little bit more.

Thanks.

Evierhill

• 12. Re: error 150:30
                                AnnNZ Community Member

I'm not very good at this either but got help from an Adobe technician, Ankush Ved, and his solution worked for me, I hope it does for you too. You can find it on the forum but I'll copy and paste here too.

Good luck

Ann

Ankush Ved 611 posts since

Apr 7, 2009

Currently Being Moderated

3. Feb 10, 2010 5:29 AM  in response to: AnnNZ

Re: error 150:30

Hi Ann,

Sorry for the previous message. I checked that you had already gone through that link. Hence, editing the message.

Can you please take the following steps:

1. In the Windows->Run dialog, type in Services.msc and hit Enter.

2. Check whether a service named FLEXnet Licensing Service is in Started state or not?

3. If not, change its status from Stopped/Null to Started/Running.

4. If the above service is not listed in the Services list, then right click the below .exe and select the option for Run As Administrator for the below .exe:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

Keep me informed in either case.

Regards,

Ankush

• 13. Re: error 150:30

Thanks Ann for backing me up...

Evierhill, please keep me updated about the status of your problem.

Regards,

Ankush

• 14. Re: error 150:30
                                    barronfontenot

I am having this exact problem after having my computer worked on!  Help!  Where do I go to begin this correction process?  How do I get to the Windows run dialog or whatever to begin?

• 15. Re: error 150:30
                                      barronfontenot Community Member

Nevermind!  I figured it out!

• 16. Re: error 150:30

We have made significant changes in the licensing module and with PSE  9 "Licensing has stopped working" message or error should not be faced  by any users even the intermittent cases of it should be gone now. So  those of you who were facing this issue in E8, here is something which  you might be willing to know..I know it took us a complete cycle for the  fix, and we yet again apologize to those customers who faced this issue  in the last cycle.

Regards,

Ankush

• 17. Re: error 150:30 Photoshop Elements 8
                                          Zane Clair Greene

I began getting error 150:30 after a very difficult installation of Intuit TurboTax and the message from Photoshop "re-boot or contact tech support, nothing about licensing.  I have been using the product daily for more than a year.  During the round-a-bout installation of TurboTax I was asked to shut down all Windows services and attempt an install of TurboTax.  After a successfull install the Windows services were returned to their normal state. The TurboTax seems to work as expected but now Photoshop elements gives me the error message and tells me to re-boot or contact tech support.

To back up.  I am running Windows 7 X64 and had no problem with TurboTax install last year.  This year I spent 8 hours with Intuit tech support to no avail and then found the suggestion mentioned above--in their support pages.  The techs kept mentioning problems with Adobe and how TurboTax had difficulty with Flash in Windows 7.  (I know, not your problem.)

I don't intend this to be a slam of the Intuit product which is of great benefit to me but the common element seems to revolve around something in the Adobe environment that I have changed.  Any guess what and where?

• 18. Re: error 150:30 Photoshop Elements 8

Try looking for the service named Flexnet Licensing Service...make sure that the service is in running state and the start up type is set as Automatic.. start the service once and then launch application..see if this works??

Regards,

Ankush

• 19. Re: error 150:30
                                              erinsti

i cannot figure out where to find the windows->run dialog.  where is it?

• 20. Re: error 150:30

On Windows XP, click on Start -> then Run...

On Vista, click on the Windows Logo -> in the text bar you can directly type in whatever you want to launch through Run dialog on XP.

Regards,

Ankush

• 21. Re: error 150:30
                                                  erinsti Community Member

thanks ankush.  i did this but no items matched my search.  should i uninstall and reinstall?  thanks so much for your help!

• 22. Re: error 150:30

Hi,

Can you please start a new thread. Its hard to know from the above thread on what exact issue are you facing?

Regards,

Ankush

• 23. Re: error 150:30
                                                      cmbtgr Community Member

Attempting to unsubscribe from this thread; when

I visit the message page given below, the Actions

box only gives me PDF and PRINT choices; there is

no action given to Stop Email Notifications.

???

-ek

• 24. Re: error 150:30
                                                        silva6213

Hello Ankush, I have the same error 150:30 when I try to install photoshop 8 elements. I am using mac pro. What can I do - please, advice.

Thanks, Elena.