6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2010 4:47 PM by Koscieliska

Add media

Koscieliska Level 1

Occasionally, when I try to Add Media to a project (media already downloded from the camera and stored on a hard disc), I can add only one video clips at the time. When I click on any clip I can add just this one because the rest of them dissapears and I have to repeat the process every time.

For example: I have a folder with two identical sub-folders. From one I can add whatever I want at once, while from the second one I have to add media one by one because of the above problem.

Why?

Andrew

• 1. Re: Add media
          nealeh Level 5

Koscieliska wrote:

For example: I have a folder with two identical sub-folders.

When you say identical do you mean that each has the same set of media files? And can you screen capture each folders properties and post here (in windows explorer right-click the folder and select properties).

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Add media
            Koscieliska Level 1

No, what I mean is that both sub-folders contain a number of video shoots recorded and saved in exactly the same way. Attached are screens as required.

Andrew

• 3. Re: Add media
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Andrew,

I appears that the screen-cap did not attach. Hint: use the little "camera" icon, in the lower-middle of the forum's editing screen's Toolbar, and make sure that it is a PNG or JPEG. I use the 9 compression (lower compression) in Photoshop, so that others can easily see the type and details.

Please also tell us the exact steps that you are using to Get Media, and are you doing this from the Organizer, or from Windows Explorer/My Computer, or from the Get Media dialog box?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Add media
                Koscieliska Level 1

Thank you Bill.

Could you please explain the first paragraph of your e-mail. Which is the forum editing screen with camera icon in the Toolbar?

I import video files from SONY camera via PMB to a dedicated folder on my 'D' drive (AVCHD Video files). Then, when I open a new project, I go to 'Organize' and to 'Get Media' dialog box.

Andrew

• 5. Re: Add media
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Andrew,

As they say, a picture is worth... :

Adobe_Forum_Image.jpg

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Add media
                    Koscieliska Level 1

Sorry, here it is.

Sub-folder images.jpg