5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 7:27 AM by Marijan Tompa [tomaxxi]

a project panel

stevelyles Level 1

Having a project panel to import all of your media into would be lovely....the tabbed interface workflow is bloody awful...having all of your media organized like after effects or premiere pro would smooth out those many layered projects

• 1. Re: a project panel
          Reynolds (Mark) Level 4

You are obviously referring to a "Project Panel", in some other software. What is this software?

Be more specific - what functionality would the Project Panel offer, that isn't already in Bridge and Photoshop?

Incidentally, if you don't like the Tabbed interface,, many people dont .  Explore the options in the Window menu. Even if you are on a Windows machine, you can still achieve floating window interface, and avoid the tab's altogether. Tiling documents is also available from the Application Bar. Photoshop has many options already - you are not stuck with some of the more unituitive new defaults.

• 2. Re: a project panel
            stevelyles Level 1

You are obviously referring to a "Project Panel", in some other software. What is this software?

well if you actually read my post you will see that I refer to After effects and Premiere pro....which are both Adobe products

the functionality I am looking for is to be able to organize all of the media for a particular project within photoshop.....in a project/media panel not the layers palette and certainly not back and forth between bridge...and yes I know the tabbed panels can be undocked....still a lousy workflow on a large project.If Adobe are reading this they will certainly understand my request.

• 3. Re: a project panel
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

I don’t work in video editing so I’m unfamiliar with those Adobe programs, but what should that effect anyway? (Apart from possibly bloating the software and the files.)

Photoshop is an image editing program and if You want something in a file I find it quite understandably necessary to put it in there; no external links – therefore no possibility of accidentally misplacing necessary elements.

• 4. Re: a project panel
                carson.jones Level 1

I have to agree with the original post in the sense that it would be great to have a Project Panel or Folder Panel where all assets would be visible without having to leave the program to go to Bridge or an OS Folder.  This would be particularly useful for images that have many composite source files.  Would Configurator be able to handle this sort of thing?  If not, perhaps a future version of Configurator?

• 5. Re: a project panel
                  Marijan Tompa [tomaxxi] Level 4

There is some software that is created to do this function...

I didn't tried it...