3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2010 4:58 PM by the_wine_snob

video audio problem when import to premiere CS4

pao1011 Level 1

I have a file encode by flash media live encoder and I try to edit in premiere CS4 but when I import the file the video audio is not synchronised. The recorded file play run good in adobe media player. Any sugestions? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: video audio problem when import to premiere CS4
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Use different source material. Flash is a delivery format, not suited for editing. Same with apple juice, which is a delivery format and difficult to edit. Apples are much easier to edit. You can cut them to pieces, rearrange them, stack them, apply spices to different pieces, etc. Try that with apple juice. Same with Flash or other delivery formats.

• 2. Re: video audio problem when import to premiere CS4
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Going back a bit over a year, there was a thread on this forum, where the OP needed to use the Flash Live Recorder, as there were both streaming material from lectures and then edited material to go up on their intranet Web site for later viewing. That poster had similar issues with the live material, IIRC.

I am certain that this thread was after the forum change over, so should still be on the servers. Wish that I could recall more details, but in the end, the OP found resolution to the problem. I know that I participated, but from the side lines. Seems that there was even footage of a rock performance involved in the feed and I edited the FLV material on my PrPro 2.0 with Moyea FLV Importer for Premiere plug-in. I'll look in my e-mail and YouSendIt account to see if I can find the poster's name (might not be his Adobe screen name), but a Search of this forum ought to turn up something. I'll also do a Search and maybe between us, we can find that thread, as there might be some useful tips in it.

In the meantime, maybe this ARTICLE can help you edit the OOS issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: video audio problem when import to premiere CS4
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Bogus! I found the THREAD, but it was NOT OOS, but Import. Dang I hate getting old, as the memory fades so fast and there are not RAM sticks that will help. Still, might be some useful tips in there someplace. Sorry for the false alarm.

Good luck,

Hunt