i'd recommend looking/asking in the Flash Player 10.1 beta forum.
Hi, still no answers. I was just wondering how to use NetGroups in Flash. Because, when I replaced playerglobal.swc with the new one, it doesn't do the trick.
Thanks for your post.
You can config Flash CS4 working with AIR2 Beta2 correctly at first,then debug in AIR2 Beta2 enviroment,at last you will get swf file.
I have the same problem, I have downloaded everything from here:
The latest Flash Player version and the PlayerGlobal.swc but it looks like they are not compatible ;-(
Is anyone is able to run some code using NetGroup?
You can't use flash cs4 to test NetGroup directly,but you can test it with following steps(from http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/AIR_2:Release_Notes#How_to_Update_Flash_CS4_to_Use_th e_AIR_2_Beta_SDK):
How to Update Flash CS4 to Use the AIR 2 Beta SDK
If you use Flash CS4 Professional to build Adobe AIR applications, please follow the instructions below to manually update the version of the AIR SDK to use version 2.0.
- Update Flash CS4 Professional to version 10.0.2 at http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html or select "Help > Updates... " from within Flash CS4.
- Quit Flash CS4 Professional if it is open.
- Navigate to the Flash CS4 installation folder. The default location on Windows is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4\" and on Mac OS "/Applications/Adobe Flash CS4/"
- Within the "Adobe Flash CS4" folder you should see a folder called "AIK1.5". If this folder is not present repeat step #1.
- Rename the folder "AIK1.5" to "AIK1.5 OLD" or delete it if you do not need to save a copy of it.
- Make a new folder called "AIK1.5"
- Download the Adobe AIR 2 SDK from the labs website and uncompress the contents of the folder to the new "AIK1.5" folder you just created.
- Copy the "airglobal.swc" file located within the "Adobe Flash CS4/AIK1.5/frameworks/libs/air/" folder into the "Adobe Flash CS4/Common/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/AIR1.5/" folder.
Flash CS4 is now configured to use the AIR 2 beta 2 SDK.
In order to take advantage of the new AIR 2 beta 2 features, you will need to update your application descriptor file to use the "2.0beta2" namespace.
After you create air2.0 beta2 file,then you will see the swf file.
Thanks for the answer ... the steps look just .. long ;-( I need to do a demo online (so no with AIR) of the new p2p group feature. Is anyone knows if there is a demo online about NetGroup?
Had the same problem as well using CS4. My solution is to plug the "import flash.net*; " into the timeline of the parent fla then deal with class work as you go! works just fine!
I tried all the flex SDKs (3.5, 4 .....) with the playerglobal_10_1.swc available on Adobe, I can compile fine an empty file, but I got the 1079 Verify error when I run it ! Is anyone has a demo available online ? (I could not find it on Adobe ...)
eBuildy Web Agency