2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2010 10:22 AM by acath

Thumb in scrollbar disappears when running project....

michelmolderphotography

Hello!

I have a problem with the scrollbar. I edited a few parts into a horizontal scrollbar. When I my artwork (pictures) into a datalist and I run the project, everything runs well...but when I click on one of the pictures and check it as the repeated item within the datalist and I run the problem again, the thumb on my scrollbar disappeared!!!

Only the track is visible...how is this posible?

Can somebody help?

Thanx in advance, michel.

• 1. Re: Thumb in scrollbar disappears when running project....
          wadedwalker Level 3

Without having your project I cant help you too much but I can give suggestions on things to look for. You will want to make sure all the states are set up correctly. Here is how it should all be organized:

DATA LIST COMPONENT

|

Repeated Item Component    +    Scroll Bar Component

|                                                    |

Repeated Item(s)                   Thumb + Track [+ Up(left) Arrow + Down(right) Arrow]

You will need to check each state of those components to make sure there isnt a state where the thumb is gone. For example, the Scroll Bar component has a few states and one of them could have the thumb turned off or the Thumb Button component itself could have a state where the shape/image is turned off. Here is a list of all the states of each component:

Data List - Normal, Disabled

Repeated Item - Normal, Over, Selected

Scroll Bar - Normal, Disabled, Inactive

Thumb/Track/Arrows - Up, Over, Down, Disabled

• 2. Re: Thumb in scrollbar disappears when running project....
            acath Level 4

Hi Michel,

Note that the scrollbar has 3 states: Normal, Inactive, and Disabled. Inactive is when there is not enough stuff to need scrolling - i.e. when the stuff is smaller than the window that it's in. In the inactive state, the scrollbar's thumb automatically disappears.

-Adam