4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 8:09 AM by the_wine_snob

newest update causes loss of mts compatibility

robweed7 Level 1

I am running cs4 on server 2008. My full version has accepted mts format until my most recent update.  I now get a message that says file format not accepted.

This is strange because sound booth and media encoder accept this file.

It is just premiere pro.  even windows media player plays the file just fine.

I have asked support and they said it would take a few days for them to work on this issue.

• 1. Re: newest update causes loss of mts compatibility
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Check when creating a new sequence that you have AVCHD, HDV and XDCAM presets available as choices. If that is not the case, your version has returned to trial mode and you need to deactivate, uninstall, run Clean Script CS4 2 or 3 times, reinstall, activate and update. (Deactivation and activation may not be necessary, but I advise it to be safe.)

• 2. Re: newest update causes loss of mts compatibility
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            I have asked support and they said it would take a few days for them to work on this issue.

And in less than an hour, Harm probably has the answer. Why this happens is still a mystery, but it has happened to many others. Harm's suggestions are the "fix," for when it does happen. Luckily, few encounter this, but enough do, to be worrisome. I'd love to find out what the contributing factors are to cause this behavior. Then, we could post a "do not do that - instead, do this... " and save the users from having a problem. Unfortunately, we do not know what "that," and "this" are. Phases of the Moon?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: newest update causes loss of mts compatibility
              robweed7 Level 1

Thank you!

That fixed my problem.  It is strange that no one knows why this happens.

• 4. Re: newest update causes loss of mts compatibility
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Probably just too many variables involved. It does not happen often, but often enough that we get maybe one issue, about every month. Considering the install-base, that is a very small segment (probably do not hear of the majority here), but when it hits, obviously it's pretty unnerving to the user.

There have been quite a few complaints about the latest crop of Adobe installers (other problems usually), so it might be some weakness there - or it could be system-specific, or maybe something else.

Luckily, most of the "regulars" here know what to recommend first, and it usually fixes things nicely.

Glad that Harm got you going and good luck. Maybe it will never happen with CS4.3 (if one comes), or CS5. It would be great to never see this "reversion to trial" problem again.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - was going to remind you to give Harm his "points," but you beat me to that.

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt - Added PS