3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 10:23 PM by Mylenium

Trapcode Particular V2 loop problem

didgi. Level 1

Hi

I've got a 5secs Particular loop in a main comp.I need to extend this loop now for 1 min i.e.

Well,at the first moment it seems obvious what to do=>precompose>time remap.But it doesn't work.

I have to say that there is a lot of Cam animation going on.So i can't render out this 5 seconds and everything is fine.

if you could have a look at this aep file and tell me what i'm missing would be kinda cool .-)

cheers

http://www.zshare.net/download/72282924c93df28f/

• 1. Re: Trapcode Particular V2 loop problem
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, it's simple linear motion. Unless there is a specific reason, I'm not sure why you can't go without the loop. Since Particular is fully 3D, the particle field would look differently, anyway from other cam angles. If you need it looping, it would probably have to be faked somehow by freezing the physics time factor and move the paticle cloud emitter in 3D and jumble it up with turbulence.... Mmh.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Trapcode Particular V2 loop problem
            didgi. Level 1

Hi

i'd like to make it seamless 'cause i'm using it in a motion Menu for Encore.I'll give it a try.

Is there no solution to make it loopable without making 100's of copies of the same layer?

Let's assume there is no cam animation.

• 3. Re: Trapcode Particular V2 loop problem
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nope. Particular uses correct physical evaluation of the particle properties which means it doesn't recycle data. Therefore it never loops. Your setup looks simple enough to mimic with other tools like CC Particle World or CC Bubbles, so maybe give that a try.

Mylenium