15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2010 8:39 PM by Manoj FX

Why plugin/addon concept for Runtime Shared Libraries not implemented in Flex?

Manoj FX

Hi All,

I am posting my refined query here in continuation to my post Fundamental and crucial drawback with Flex in Flex India Community as my last refined query was left unanswered though I feel there is a definite sense of purpose to it.

Why plugin/addon concept for Runtime Shared Libraries not implemented in Flex?

Here is why I feel it should be implemented in Flex.

Though Runtime Shared Libraries SWF file can be cached in the client browser and just need to be loaded only once when the user access a Flex application for the first time,

"40-60% of daily visitors to your site come in with an empty cache. Making your page fast for these first time visitors is key to a better user experience."

Qouting from 'Best Practices for Speeding Up Your Web Site' as described in Tenni Theurer's blog post Browser Cache Usage - Exposed!

While still retaining the cacheability of RSL's for compatibility reasons, flex should give the flexibility and thereby enhance performance by offering RSL's as a plugin/addon.

Looking for your comments and insigts on the same.

Thanks,

Ram Manoj Kongara.