3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2010 9:20 AM by Ned Murphy

swf opened directly in browser web

webgogh

Hello,

I have some problems with flash display in the browser. If i open with the browser a file .swf it appears smaller than the original version. I can see it in the correct dimensions only if I use the Full Sceen option (F11). How can I correct this problem to let the user get the original version?

Regards

Alessandro

• 1. Re: swf opened directly in browser web
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

An swf file opened in a browser will size itself to fit the browser while retaining its normal porportions... meaning one dimension of it (height or width) will stretch the full distance of the window.  If you want to control the size that the file appears as, you need to embed the file in an html web page.  If you select the option to publish an html web page in the Publish Settings, it will automatically create the code that will embed the swf file in a web page at the intended dimensions.

• 2. Re: swf opened directly in browser web
            webgogh Level 1

Yes, I know it, but the problem is that Google has indexed

my site as index.swf and not index.html, like I have published...

• 3. Re: swf opened directly in browser web
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Googe has indexed the swf of your site, but they are likely to also index your site at some point, though I have no idea of how that show gets managed.  In any case, you cannot control how an swf file is displayed in a browser window outside of an html page.