2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2010 10:36 AM by Eddie Ostrowski

Button Interaction Question

Eddie Ostrowski Level 1
      • On Page 1, I dragged over 2 Buttons from the Wireframe Components.
      • Assigned an interaction to Button 1, that when clicked, will bring you to Page 2.
      • Assigned an interaction to Button 2, that when clicked, will bring you to it's assigned URL.
      • Clicked "Duplicate State" to create Page 2.
      • Assigned an interaction to Button 1 (on Page 2), that when clicked, will bring you to Page 1.
      • However, when I assigned a different URL interaction to Button 2 (on Page 2), it also changed the URL on Button 2 (on Page 1).

I've rechecked all my settings and for whatever reason, the URL that I assigned to Button 2 (on Page 2), also changed the URL that was on Button 2 (on Page 1).

Thank you in advance for your help. Eddie

• 1. Re: Button Interaction Question
          acath Level 4

Hi Eddie,

Interactions are not state-specific - they apply across all states. So when you change the URL of the interaction on Page2, you're changing it on Page1 as well.

However, if you do want your interactions to be state-specific, you can add a state-based condition to your interactions. Open your interaction. Notice at the bottom that it says "When in any state". Change this to "When in Page1". Now create ANOTHER interaction and make it's condition "When in Page2". Voila, state-specific interactions!

-Adam

• 2. Re: Button Interaction Question
            Eddie Ostrowski Level 1

Adam:

Thank you... much appreciated.

Eddie