4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2010 5:06 PM by AwesomeShot Studios

CS4, Win7 64bit Media Encoder Errors

AwesomeShot Studios Level 1

On a fresh install of Win7 64bit, ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 260 graphic card and all updates (software/hardware), I'm having a bear of a time exporting even a bars/tone test project from CS4. Here is the sequence of events:

1)Create/edit project, export media, I get warning message that an update of Media Encoder is available (but I've already double checked that I'm running CS4 4.2.1 with multiple computer restarts). AME version I have is 4.2.0.006

2) choose export format, location, etc. (I've tried various export formats with no difference in resulting error messages)

3) dynamic link exports the file to AME...BUT....AME doesn't open

4)When I've manually opened AME beforehand, CS4 will export to the queue

5)On attempt to encode I get the message:

- Source File: C:\Users\Oren\AppData\Local\Temp\Zi8 Test_7.prproj
      - Output File: E:\Choco Rehab2.f4v
      - Preset Used: Custom
      - Video:
      - Audio:
      - Bitrate:
      - Encoding Time: 00:18:29
      2/6/2010 9:42:25 AM : Encoding Failed
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6) I've looked in the folder and indeed, the source file doesn't exist...but it keeps creating this same message, regardless of what project I try to work on.

I've done a re-install (with cleaner script) TWICE already and it is really a time-killer (especially when I defrag the drive in between installs). I beseech Harm and all the other gurus to offer some sage wisdom. Thank you.