4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 6:07 AM by the_wine_snob

premiere elements 7 error while playing text animation

gtown50

I installed premiere elements 7 on my 64 bit windows 7 os. Everything has worked fine so far except when I play a clip that involves text animation. It starts to play then freezes. A box pops up and says "Adobe Premiere Elements.exe has stopped working" Windows tries to detect the problems and it says, "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify you if a solution."

The is a brand new computer and meets all of the requirements. I have it installed on my laptop using Vista with no problem.

thanks

• 1. Re: premiere elements 7 error while playing text animation
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Windows 7 64-bit seems to be causing a lot of problems for Premiere Elements users. This is not a problem with the program or the operating system. It's most likely related to the OS's 64-bit drivers, which are not yet fully compatible with 32-bit programs.

Have you gone to Windows Updates and ensured you have even the non-critical updates (particularly the hardware drivers)?

If it is a Dell, have you gone to the Dell site, looked up your model and ensured you have all of the Dell updates?

Do you have the latest version of Quicktime?

These are not guaranteed to fix your problem. You are, after all, using a brand-new 64-bit operating system that has not yet fully evolved. But they'll certainly increase the odds in your favor.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: premiere elements 7 error while playing text animation
            the_wine_snob Level 9

While it will not address the driver issue, that Steve mentions, there are tips in this ARTICLE on setting up your computer to get the most out of it, and setting up for an editing session.

There are also several articles in the FAQ Section, on setting up your OS, and your computer, plus tips on optimizing the OS for editing work. The FAQ's can be accessed from the right of the main forum page. Lot of good reading there.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: premiere elements 7 error while playing text animation
              gtown50 Level 1

Thanks for your response. I do have the up to date quick time and all of the updates for windows. Do you think getting elements 8 would be more compatible?

• 4. Re: premiere elements 7 error while playing text animation
                the_wine_snob Level 9

PrE 7 seems to be easier to run on more systems, than PrE 8, which requires more resources. I would look at PrE 8, only if it offers features that you can use. Many feel that PrE 7 is the more stable of the two programs.

Good luck,

Hunt