2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 10:21 AM by virtualist

I cannot be the only one who cannot download via Akamai...

much2much

I recently bought a CS4 Premium upgrade from the Adobe store. I have tried downloading the software to multiple machines with multiple operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7), using multiple browsers (IE 7 and 8, Safari, Firefox), and CANNOT get the file. Spent almost an hour on hold and then with a tech support consultant that pretty much told me that Akamai Download Manager does not work on corporate networks, but had no suggestions on firewall settings or anything else that might fix that. So I had to spend $27 on getting a DVD shipped to me. Really? This is the best a company like Adobe can do in a situation like this? If Akamai does not work for corporate clients, isn't that a sign that it is not a worthwile means of supporting the customer? This is one of the most frustrating buying experiences I have ever had. And meanwhile, my user is waiting another 3-5 business days for the DVD to arrive. Just ridiculous.

• 1. Re: I cannot be the only one who cannot download via Akamai...
          dquinnell

I wish I had read your post before buying CS4. I would have reconsidered my purchase.  I am on a corporate network work also and will probably now have to spend additional money for the CD. Not to mention the 4 hours already spent  trying to troubleshoot and download their new Akamai download manager. Downloads worked great in the past until this NEW technology advancement!

• 2. Re: I cannot be the only one who cannot download via Akamai...
            virtualist

Definitely agree this situation is unprofessional, unethical, illegal.  I have also just purchased  Adobe software which can not be downloaded on my enterprise pc winxp pro latest firefox, ... studied / accomplished all that the links for help for the Akaimai Download Mgr ... still no download.

I removed Google Toolbars, upgraded Java to newest(checked it's settings in control panel )  .. tried IE6(enterprise) and it would not let me interact with the Win file system to find the directory I wanted to store it in........ Firefox 3.6 ..... all set up correctly to permit all the Java stuff , yada yada....

I download a lot of software / shareware / professional packages / use webex's , remote desktop application when on the road/abroad .  .. use links to enterprise networked drives ........ no problem .

BUT I AM BEING FORBIDDEN FROM DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE I PURCHASED.....

If there is something I have not tried, let me know......

.... v