6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 1:49 PM by the_wine_snob

Help for: Video 4:2:2 + Dolby Digital + Stereo

VIdeo3D

Dear all

In order to publish my video clip on iTunes, they asked me some specs that I'm not sure are supported by Adobe Premiere Pro. Or better: I have not found any reference about them.

I'm wondered if anybody can help me please.

The specs given are the following ones:

• Video: 1920x1080 ( I can say: till here not problem .... )
      • Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 track + Stereo track ( total: 8 tracks = 6 for Dolby and 2 for stereo )
      • File: pro res 4:2:2 HQ
      • Film: 23.98p
      • Video:29.97i

Audio: Must have 8 channels of audio

5.1 – L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs / PCM Little Indian / Each audio channel needs to be its own track - Ch.7 stereo left, Ch. 8 stereo right / PCM Little Indian / Each audio channel needs to be its own track

What can I do please ? Is Premiere already encoding with those specs ?

What is not clear for me are the File type: 4:2:2 HQ ( I ask myself if it is already so or not ) and the Audio

Can you help me please ?

Thank you very much in advance

• 1. Re: Help for: Video 4:2:2 + Dolby Digital + Stereo
          the_wine_snob Level 9

WMA is the only Audio format, used with Video, that I know of to contain multiple discrete channels. You can do the DD 5.1 SS with the SurCode Encoder, BUT I do not believe that there is a way to package it along with your stereo streams. I use WMA to transport my discrete 6-channel material to Audition to mix for DTS, but have never needed to do the 8-channel, as DVD players will auto-switch from the DD 5.1 SS AC3, to stereo, if there is not 5.1 decoder available.

Now, even if WMA will accommodate your 8-channels, I am not sure which HD format/CODEC (other than WMV-9, or similar) will accommodate it. What format/CODEC do they want? I assume a muxed AV file, and not elemental/elementary streams.

One suggestion would be to post into the Encore forum, as Encore might figure in, if you deliver via BD. The main reason, however, is that Neil Wilkes is one of the MOD's there, and does high-end Audio production. Between him, and Jeff Bellune (hangs out here and there), one can usually get most of their Audio questions answered, especially the esoteric ones.

Good luck, and I will be very interested to hear the suggestions,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 3. Re: Help for: Video 4:2:2 + Dolby Digital + Stereo
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Excellent. I cannot wait to hear what Neil Wilkes and Jeff Bellune come up with. I think I'm gonna' learn something!

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Help for: Video 4:2:2 + Dolby Digital + Stereo
              the_wine_snob Level 9

[Deleted - Double Post - Sorry]

Hunt

• 5. Re: Help for: Video 4:2:2 + Dolby Digital + Stereo
                VIdeo3D Level 1

Well ... I hope they don'st start to insult me ... those specs are exactly what iTunes asks ( I use TuneCore for the publications ) ... and I had already to protest with them because: if I record in Dolby Digital, no-one should resell in normal Stereo ... but it seems they are disoriented ..; so I wold like really to clear out what I can do ...

• 6. Re: Help for: Video 4:2:2 + Dolby Digital + Stereo
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Don't worry. The regulars will not insult you. I do not know if any have dealt with iTunes, but most have to deal with specs. from many other "clients," and are used to some "odd" requests. It's like getting the specs. from a printer, that you just KNOW will not be what they really want. Sometimes, you just have to roll with the punches, even when you try to help the recipient.

Good luck, and I'm following along over there too. Neil has been very busy for the last couple of months, so he has not been dropping by the his normal regularity.

Hunt