1 person found this helpful
I had exactly the same problem. Created a catalyst project in Windows, copied it to my mac (when I got home) and it runs, but doesn't publish. What's more it seems to fail silently so i have no idea what happened
yeah, its weird..
Can you guys post these failing projects? These sound like bugs that need to be addressed.
I can't give you my original project as it has a load of copyright protected stuff belonging to my company. However I have replicated the problem with these to simple projects.
I may be wrong, but I suspect it is something to do with the fact that Catalyst still has a full windows path in the .fxpProperties file.
In my case
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<fxpProperties abbreviated="false" authoringTool="Catalyst" parentProject="57a706a4-65ba-42b5-b27a-37a5a5f03115" projectUUID="57a706a4-65ba-42b5-b27a-37a5a5f03115" sdkVersion="4.0.0" uuid="bcc5f7e7-6667-40cd-a978-762d13827923" version="3">
<linked location="sdkPlaceHolder" path="sdkPlaceHolder" position="0" uuid="bcc5f7e7-6667-40cd-a978-762d13827923"/>
<linked location="C:/Documents and Settings/cpt6jcr/Application Data/Adobe/Flash Catalyst/workspace/testForAdamCreatedInWindows/libs" path="/libs" position="1" uuid="bcc5f7e7-6667-40cd-a978-762d13827923"/>
</fxpProperties>if you unzip the fxp file you'll see what I mean.Also notice that the Publish To .swf dialog box (opening the windows project on the Mac that is) doesn't have an output directory set and none of the options are selected. However if you open the project created on the mac on the mac then this is not the case.Finally, I tested opening the mac project on windows and it worked.In summarymac created fxp --> windows (all works)windows created fxp --> mac (all works except the ability to publish to swf)hope that helpsRegardsJace
That helps a ton. I'll see if I can reproduce the problem now.
That was a known bug in Beta 2, that has been since fixed. Thanks for reporting it. I don't know of any workaround you can use for now, except to publish the project on your Win machine.
No probs - that's exactly the work around I'm using. At least you're aware of it and it's been fixed.
Moving projects between Windows and Macs is probably a very common situation and it would have been a pain if that that bug had made it into GA.