3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 5:30 PM by the_wine_snob

special character in pre 8 Éamonn

mverhaar

how do I add the É from Éamonn in pre 8?  I'm just using the normal T text option and have all the fonts but cant find it.

thanks a lot

Maarten

• 1. Re: special character in pre 8 Éamonn
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I use Windows Character Map for most extended characters. One can also use the Alt+key combos for the various ASCII characters. Note: you will have to use the numeric keypad for the Alt+keys.

One can also use Word, or WordPerfect to add all of the extended characters. The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+W in WordPerfect, but I forget what it is in Word. I would make sure to set the font in Word/WordPerfect to what you will use in the Titles, to make sure that its character set includes all the characters that you need. Just type in the word processing program, Ctrl+A (Select All), Ctrl+C (Copy), navigate to the Title and Ctrl+V (Paste).

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

• 2. Re: special character in pre 8 Éamonn
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Here is a nice list of Alt keyboard combinations.

http://www.starr.net/is/type/altnum.htm

To create a capital E with an accent mark, hold down the Alt key and press 0201 -- then let go of the key.

A small e with an accent is Alt+0233.

• 3. Re: special character in pre 8 Éamonn
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Thanks. I could not find my ASCII Alt+key chart, and the first 5 Google hits were to sites with Trojans! Norton had a field day. Talk about a "target-rich environment." At that point, I decided that I'd either go fire up the workstation, or let someone, such as yourself, provide a clean link. You saved me turning on the computer in the suite upstairs.

Appreciated,

Hunt