0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 7:38 PM by z5skybeam

What is causing this Runtime Error!

z5skybeam

I have been using Adobe Reader for years and had 9.0 loaded on this laptop.  I do lots of .pdf files and spreadsheets. Two weeks ago I allowed an update for Adobe and ever since then I get a Runtime Error! every time I try to open one of my saved .pdf files or even the one that I just formated and saved, it won't reopen.  I have VISTA and prior to this update, I had no problems with Reader at all. Shortly after clicking on the .pdf file I get this window -

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Reader9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
      Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have tried to research the Adobe site for help and even contacted Adobe by phone with no success.  I've called twice and been put on hold and tonight after 28 minutes I finally hung up. I went into my Control Panel and uninstalled Adobe Reader 9.0 and downloaded & installed Reader 9.3 and still have the same problem.  I can save my files on a thumb drive and open any .pdf file on any other computer that has Reader.  What is the problem with this laptop since that update two weeks ago?  This is causing me lots of lost work and duplication.
      Thanks for any input on how to correct this problem. I currently have Reader 9.3 loaded.