5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 12:56 PM by Jan/clpi

Cant' update site using macromedia dreamweaver

Jan/clpi

I use macromedia dreamwaver CS3 for my website pages.  I had to dump my computer and start from scratch again, but I did keep all my files on a backup drive, so everything got put back as such afterwards, I can connect and it says putting files, but when I check my website to see if it updated, it doesn't, I've tried several times.  Can't figure it out especially since it connects and says it is putting the files.  Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Jan Drummond

CLPI   

www.darkshadowsweb.com

• 1. Re: Cant' update site using macromedia dreamweaver
          bregent Most Valuable Participant

First confirm that you have already cleared your browser cache. My guess is that you setup the local or remote site definitions incorrectly and you are putting the files into a subdirectory in the site. Can you please post the detals of your local and remote site definitions (no user credentials of course).

• 2. Re: Cant' update site using macromedia dreamweaver
            Pera Mikic

Yeah, I had same problem but after clearing browser cache it started working. Check that!

• 3. Re: Cant' update site using macromedia dreamweaver
              Jan/clpi Level 1

I have cleared my internet files, I don' keep any history, it is set up to delete the 

same day.  My info is as follows:

Local Info:

Site Name:  darkshadowsweb

local root folder:  C:\Dark Shadows\

Default images folder:  C:\Dark Shadows\Dark Shadows\Pics 1\

Remote Info:

Access:  FTP

FTP Host:  ftp darkshadowsweb.com

Host directory:  public_html/

Checked off boxes are use passive FTP and Maintain syncronization information.  (These two boxes are checked).

Thanks so much for your help.

Jan D

• 4. Re: Cant' update site using macromedia dreamweaver
                bregent Most Valuable Participant

>local root folder:  C:\Dark Shadows\

>Default images folder:  C:\Dark Shadows\Dark Shadows\Pics 1\

Curious, why do you have a subfolder in your site named Dark Shadows? Are you putting all your other files into this folder too?

Also note that best practice is to not include any spaces in your file or folder names.

• 5. Re: Cant' update site using macromedia dreamweaver
                  Jan/clpi Level 1

Hello, I don't know how to clear my cache, a friend started this site for me

and I have been adding on to it etc., we recently had to redo the computer,

I don't know why I have a sub folder, my pictures are mainly in this

subfolder, not the rest of it that I can see.  Is this fixable?  I have an

event coming up that I need to update my site with soon.  I will remember

not to put any spaces in my folders too.  Thanks for your help so far.

Jan Drummond