4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2010 11:33 AM by the_wine_snob

GOOD MOUSE FOR PP CS4

Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

I am looking for a good mouse to use with my PP CS4 and I was wandering which one out there would you recommend. I have been reading some forums about the Logitec MX revolution and the Shuttle pro which has got quite a few buttons, making me wander if it can work as a mouse alone.

My curremnt laser wireless mouse is quite old and is too fast and at times the clicks does not respond or it easily releases when I click and hold. It just plays up too bad making my editing a bit tedius.

I need this mostly for CS4, but since I haven't seen one I wouldn't know which one to go for.

I use Windows Vista on an HP XW6600 workstation, so compatibility might be an issue, if you can recommend me any one.

Thanx.

• 1. Re: GOOD MOUSE FOR PP CS4
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>and is too fast

You do, of course, know that going to Control Panel--Mouse allows you to change many settings?

• 2. Re: GOOD MOUSE FOR PP CS4
            Harm Millaard Level 7

As long as the mouse is recognized by the system, it works. Nothing else matters, only personal taste.

• 3. Re: GOOD MOUSE FOR PP CS4
              Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Isn't their a problem with Microsoft Intellipoint and Premiere Pro, or has it been fixed?

• 4. Re: GOOD MOUSE FOR PP CS4
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Bill,

If memory serves me correctly, there have been two separate issues with versions of the InteliPoint drivers. The first caused the boundary areas of the GUI to flicker in many Adobe programs. Later versions of the driver fixed those issues. Not that long ago, another issue popped up. In PS, it seems that the cursor would take off and do its own thing for a bit. Do not know if that one has been fixed, but would assume that it has. Not sure if that genre of InteliPoint also caused issues in other Adobe programs.

Now, I use a MS Optical Wheel-mouse (USB) on the laptop and like it fine. I have a Logitec wireless on the workstation, and love it even better. That Logitec also came with a wireless keyboard, but I hated that, and just replaced it with an older (much better tactile functions) USB keyboard. I also took out all of the Logitec SetPoint software*, and still have all of the functionality, that I need with the mouse. I love the heft/feel of that mouse. For PS, I also use my Wacom Intuos II 12x12 tablet (without the Intuos mouse), but for PrPro, the stylus/tablet is not the right tool for me.

Not really recs. on the latest options, but just comments on what works perfectly for me.

Good luck,

Hunt

* going back, a SetPoint update actually killed a new workstation - all the way down to a low-level format for the system drive. I will not let that program/driver anywhere near my computers. The danged thing even killed Norton Ghost and System Restore points! To me, SetPoint is the spawn of the devil.