• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 Search not working in IE8 on a web server

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2010 Feb 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently upgraded to RoboHelp 8 and the search is working fine locally in IE8, but not working at all on the web server when the help is viewed in IE8. When I click the search button in the web server help, the new "Search results per page" box doesn't appear, and when I try to input a word that I know is in the help, the search returns no results. The search is working fine on the web server when the help is viewed in IE7 and Firefox.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2010 Feb 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you please explain what web server you were using. I tried the same thing, I generated a webhelp output and copied the same on a tomcat server and tried to view the output on a IE8 running on my windows 7 machine. I was able to see the search working fine.

Also can you explain, how you published the help on webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2010 Feb 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. I don't know a lot about the different web servers, but I was able to find out that we are using an Apache web server, version 2.2.13. I FTP the files up to the web server by deleting the files on the server first, and then copying the compiled files over from my local drive.

Please let me know if more information is needed. Thanks again for any insight you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp