4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 8:53 AM by Drewsons

Can not add narration

Drewsons Level 1

When attempting to add a narration, APE 7 will not produce the audio track. The narration track is empty and the audio input is tested and working fine but when I record and then hit the stop button nothing happens. Nothing is added to the narration track. I tried different clips in the project. I tried closing APE and reopening the software nothing works. It simply will not add the audio track. Please help!

• 1. Re: Can not add narration
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you by any chance using a USB microphone?

Premiere Elements can have trouble with USB mikes.

• 2. Re: Can not add narration
            Drewsons Level 1

No I am not using a USB mike. I am using a plain old dynamic connected to the mic input. The audio records perfectly with software AUDACITY. APE add naration function shows audio monitor activity perfectly. The record button works as defined. But when I click the stop record button nothing happens. There is no narration track created. I have tried every possible action but APE will not create a track.

• 3. Re: Can not add narration
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you clicked on the litle microphone icon on the upper right of the narration panel to ensure your microphone is set up as your narration mike?

If that doesn't do it, go to Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware. Enter the ASIO Settings and ensure the program is set to your audio configuration.

• 4. Re: Can not add narration
                Drewsons Level 1

The ASIO settings are correct and the signal level indicator on the "add

narration" panel is showing audio signal reception.  When I click record the

signal level meter shows good audio level. When I click the stop nothing is

entered on the narration track.  No matter what I try the software will not

generate a narration track.

Have you clicked on the litle microphone icon on the upper right of

the narration panel to ensure your microphone is set up as your

narration mike?   If that doesn't do it, go to Edit/Preferences/Audio

Hardware. Enter the ASIO Settings and ensure the program is set to

your audio configuration.

>