3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 4:56 PM by Quickdraw05

Inserting tables from Excel to Dreamweaver

laurengr86

Hello!

I am making a HTML e-shot in Dreamweaver and need to insert a table into it.

The ideal way would be to import the table which has already been laid out in Excel, as the table needs to look good the way that I have designed it. However, when I import or cut and paste into DW, I lose the design altogether and there are no border/table lines.

I am very new to this so I apologise if its very obvious or if this has been answered in another discussion. I did search all over though.

Many thanks!

• 1. Re: Inserting tables from Excel to Dreamweaver
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Yeah, as it should be. The only way to retain everything would be to export it as HTML from Excel, but then you'd have to deal with Microsoft's "bad" HTML and clean it up.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Inserting tables from Excel to Dreamweaver
            Ken Binney-GnPIX3 Level 4

IMHO, styling options in Excel are quite limited and colors are horrible.

I'd suggest you get your data from excel and do your table styling (INLINE) in DW

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Inserting tables from Excel to Dreamweaver
              Quickdraw05 Level 1

I have been copying tables from Excel to Dreamweaver CS6 for a client for years.  Once the table is copied to the design pane, you can then easily apply CSS rules by covering the whole table or just columns.

Now, HELP, I have recently reinstalled everything on a new computer and when I try to copy the table from Excel to the design pane, all I get is the text.  Does anyone know of a setting that I may be missing, or can anyone HELP???

I have the same installation on my laptop as a working backup and everything worked fine there, so there must be some setting in the new installation.  Anyone experienced this???

Thanks, Quickdraw