1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2010 10:45 PM by Noelbaland

HELP!!! clickTAG problems.

dbznss

I'm designing a Flash Ad that requires a specific clickTAG.

this.onMouseDown = function() {
              var fo:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
              fo.send(_root.clickTAG, "_top", "POST");
              }

I want to implement user initiated sound, but I can't seem to define a certain region for the clickTAG. Also I'm using AS 2.0

I know the clickTAG won't take me to the proper location, but I uploaded it to my website to test the audio.

http://bc-multimedia.com/hto/QRZ/QRZ_5Bumper_New_468x60.html

I tried placing an invisible movie clip over the location I want the clickTAG to work and attached the ActionScript to the mc.

ActionScript_Problems_1.png

When I scroll over the audio button it changes, but when I click it, instead of playing the audio it just tries to go to the URL.

ActionScript_Problems_2.png

ActionScript_Problems_3.png

I also tried using a button, but that didn't work either.

The website requires this specific clickTAG, which is annoying because I've used others in the past that didn't have this issue. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: HELP!!! clickTAG problems.
          Noelbaland Level 1

Hello,

When you place code on a frame in the timeline and use the keyword this, then what you are referring to is the whole Flash stage.  Using this.MouseDown will trigger(and override anything else) if you click anywhere on the stage - including your audio button.

You were on the right track with the invisible button covering the affected area. You just needed to place your clickTag code on it like this...

on(release){

}

Then get rid of the this.MouseDown code on the timeline.

Now when you click on the audio button the sound will play/stop as you intended. And the clickTag event will trigger when you click anywhere else.

Does this help?

P.S. 

Use a Button symbol not a MovieClip to create your invisible button.  If you don't want the hand cursor to appear on your button, then give your button an instance name and set the useHandCursor property to false.  If you go this way then take the code off the button itself and put it in the timeline frame like this...

invisible_btn.onRelease = function()
          {
          }

invisible_btn.useHandCursor = false;