3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 11:17 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements in HD?

MPV1

I am using PE4 and have customers asking for HD editing.  My processor is 2.67GHz Intel Core 2, is it possible to edit in HD with any PE product with this processor?  Can I just import HD on PE4 and burn it as quicktime file to burn w/o editing it?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements in HD?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

First, two questions:

What are the HD source files?

Next, please tell us about your system's RAM and I/O Sub-system, i.e. your HDD's, their size, speed, controller type, how they are allocated and the amount of free space.

Thank you for the info, and good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements in HD?
            MPV1 Level 1

3.25 GB of RAM

151GB of free space on my C drive where I use PE4

225 GB of free space on my external hard drive where I import and store my videos.

The videos are imported from a mini dv stot on a Sony Handycam HDR-FX7 / HDV 1080i

I believe it 32 bit

I don't know what sub-system stuff is???  Does this info help??

Thank you,

Julie

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements in HD?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Julie,

That does help. The I/O Sub-system is your HDD's (Hard Disk Drives) and their setup.

You should be able to edit this footage, though it might be a bit slow, being HD. You will want to set up an HD Project, for a miniDVD camera.

This ARTICLE might free up some resources for editing. There are also some great articles on setting up and optimizing your system, in the FAQ section on the right of the main forum page. Those would be very helpful too.

Good luck,

Hunt