5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2010 12:18 PM by waterdad568

Want to get a quote on animating a Flash 'movie'

Hugh Betcha Level 1

I don't need a website designed, just a flash 'movie'-style animation (2 min. approx. duration)

I've created static content in Ai CS4 that I just need to be animated, and I could supply people with a storyboard.

Similar look to the animation on this site: http://www.mediawide.com/  but with more complex animations and graphics.

Where can I find a relatively inexpensive (but reputable) place to do this? I'm in the Toronto Canada area, but I'd welcome global suggestions.

Attached is the first 9 frames (out of approx. 30)

• 1. Re: Want to get a quote on animating a Flash 'movie'
          waterdad568 Level 3

Are those frames/images the actual artwork you would be providing? Is the theme greyscale or is that the storyboard? Can you break the elements in the images up into individual objects/backgrounds/files? And provide a few more possibly?

When do you need this done by?

• 2. Re: Want to get a quote on animating a Flash 'movie'
            Hugh Betcha Level 1

This is the actual artwork - done as vector Ai...

I need this done asap (at a guess, I'd say my boss would want it within 2 weeks from now at absolute latest).

If I had Flash I'd do it myself!

• 3. Re: Want to get a quote on animating a Flash 'movie'
              waterdad568 Level 3

Mmm... two weeks... thats a tight time frame for 7000 frames and hundreds of objects from the look of your samples, and thats even if every single object was already seperated into individuals and the anims were simple single tweens exactly one second each for all thirty. Even figuring generously at the very minimum it would take someone working full time more than that, unless they had a staff who could devote full time to the project, which unfortunately I cannot.

Flash has a free trial download, lasts a month, if you think you can do it yourself in that time frame, DL the trial give it a shot... or tell your boss he is unrealistic, and or it will cost a good deal more than your probably prepared to pay within the time frame you specify.

• 4. Re: Want to get a quote on animating a Flash 'movie'
                Hugh Betcha Level 1

Thanks for your response!

When you say 70,000 frames it sounds like a lot, but isn't it sorta automatic anyway? (wouldn't really matter if Flash generated a milliion frames based on the content, it would still involve the same amount of work in Flash - wouldn't it?

There are really only about 12 different 'objects' (if I'm understanding you, that means illustration objects, like the people, or the carton)... I'd guess that all that's needed is importing the content I've made and 'tweening'...

I really am a print /illustration guy, so this is kinda of new territory for me - I appreciate your insights!

• 5. Re: Want to get a quote on animating a Flash 'movie'
                  waterdad568 Level 3

I make no promises until I can see all the content and the soryboard, if you have server access drop a zip file wih all includes and storyboard, post a url access to the file. Let me take a look at it all, it will give me a better idea of the scope, I'll get back to you in a day or two after the upload. In the meantime if you're under the gun with a specific deadline I suggest you continue your search, hedge your bets if I can't.