5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2010 2:13 AM by venkatsyss

Regarding Refresh.

venkatsyss Level 1

Hi.

I'm using a Flex DataGrid component that displays some records to the users. Each record can have an image associated with it, and the user can click a button to upload an image from her/his local system to the server. After the upload, that record's image should be updated to the database.

However, this will not show in the datagrid immedialtely .They will showed after the page is refreshed.

I will display the image  within the itemRenderer that contains the image control.

<mx:Image source="path/{data.img}" width="100%" height="100" horizontalAlign="center"/>

Please provide me help..

Thanks and Regards,

venkat.R

• 1. Re: Regarding Refresh.
          jsd99 Level 3

You have to update the datagrid's dataprovider object when the user upload is successful.

• 2. Re: Regarding Refresh.
            venkatsyss Level 1

hi,

Thanks for your reply.i could n't know where i have to update the datagrid after image is succesfully moved.

Please provide me help to solve the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

venkat.R

• 3. Re: Regarding Refresh.
              Gregory Lafrance Level 6

After the user uploads their image, and the server updates the data used to populate the DataGrid, you need to "push" the data to your Flex app.

Consider using AMFPHP.

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

Greg Lafrance - Flex 2 and 3 ACE certified

www.ChikaraDev.com

Flex / AIR Development, Training, and Support Services

• 4. Re: Regarding Refresh.
                NickDF__ Level 1

I'm also diving into more dynamic applications so I would like to ask if some kind of "data push" is possible through the zend framework,

I searched about it and all I could find is that the only real data pushing can happen if WebOrb is used.

I think I'll stick to Zend and call remote functions periodically from my client, but I'd like to know if there is any other way to achive this.

• 5. Re: Regarding Refresh.
                  venkatsyss Level 1

hi,

Thanks for your reply.I am using ordinary php.i could not know how to push the data.The selected image is updated in the database but it will not be displayed in the datagrid why because the page could not be refreshed when moved the selected image.

i am very much struggle to solve the problem.

Please find me the solutions to solve.

Thanks and Regards,

venkat.R