3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 12:52 PM by JoeDaSilva

Screen Resolution and Page Size

Susan Casey

What is the difference between and 800x600 screen resolution set in one's computer preferences and an 800x600 DW page size?

Thank you for your help...susan

• 1. Re: Screen Resolution and Page Size
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

When editing in DW at 800x600 it will edit as if there is 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high.  If you have a monitor set to that resolution, you will lose pixels on the top and bottom of any OS bars at the top or bottom of screens and the browser application will also take up pixels for the address bar. and other features.  Additionally you could lose pixels on the side if a user had Vista/7 and had a sidebar running.

• 2. Re: Screen Resolution and Page Size
            Susan Casey Level 1

Thank you so much for your quick response to my question. Here's some clarification of what I need to know:

I have designed several pages for a high school reunion web site. My Illustrator documents were set up on an 800x600 document size.

The web person who is managing this says that the page would be huge at that size. I am providing him with PDF copies which he is placing in the web site.

I am wondering if he is confused between a screen resolution of 800x600 and a document size that is built to that. Does this make sense?

My real question is what should the document size be for viewing by a wide variety of computer monitors? And, should he be able to import the PDF's to the web site at 100% of the size I give him?

Thank you again,

Susan

• 3. Re: Screen Resolution and Page Size
              JoeDaSilva Level 4

If the final pixel dimensions are truely 800x600, that would be considered small by todays standards. I'd open up your PDF's in Photoshop and see if the size is getting goofed up when you export out of Illustrator.