4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2008 12:50 PM by F23

Can only connect to home page after host switch

F23
      We switched hosting companies for a client site.
      We set up a new Contribute connection key but we can only edit the home page. Any of the other pages we navigate to display this message:
      You are viewing a page on a website that you haven't created a connection to.

Double checked the permissions and the folders the key is allowed access too and it's all good.
      I must be missing something. Is it possible all the LCK files are corrupted?
        • 1. Re: Can only connect to home page after host switch
          ThinkInk Level 2
          I don't think the problem is in the lck files, because they consist of only the username and the emailaddress, like this: Username||name@domain.com .
          Did you copy the whole administration (_mm, _baks, _notes, ect.) or did you recreate the admin/connection part from scratch?
          • 2. Re: Can only connect to home page after host switch
            F23 Level 1
            Did you copy the whole administration (_mm, _baks, _notes, ect.) or did you recreate the admin/connection part from scratch?

You know, that's a good question. I checked and they are there is a _mm, _baks folder in the main directory (_baks and _notes in subdirectories).
            How could I 'start over' so everything is clean? Would I go through and delete all of those files?
            • 3. Re: Can only connect to home page after host switch
              ThinkInk Level 2
              What exactly did you do when you moved the site?

Normally what happens is:
              1. you copy all the files and folders to the new webserver (so including _mm, _baks, _notes)
              2. then you create a new connection to the site in Contribute,
              3. contribute gives you a warning that your site is recently moved to another location and asks to remove the administrative settings or repair certain settings (that you will have to do at that moment, cause otherwise you will not continue, see point 5 in what you should have done)
              4. when you have chosen remove, you should recreate the administration all together
              5. when you chosen repair you should find the file (in the _mm folder) called cthub-------------------------.csi ( the - ar replacing the normal name) and adjust all the paths you find in that file to the new paths to your website.
              6. note that you even have to insert the ip adres of the new website.

Hope this helps in any way.
              • 4. Re: Can only connect to home page after host switch
                F23 Level 1
                Hope this helps in any way.

It did!
                You helped narrow down what needed to be done and focus me on the folder that held the keys.

Something was messed up when i tried to 'Administer SIte' from Dreamweaver into Contribute. The same error kept occurring (even after i updated the IP address).

I ended up:
                1: Deleting the _mm folder
                2: Setting up a connection through Contribute (not using Dreamweaver/ manually entering the FTP info)
                3: Connecting to the site and verifying that I could edit all the pages. (hooray for that!)
                4: Went back and set myself up as an administrator through Contribute.

Thanks for walking me through this. Much Appreciated!