1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2010 7:11 AM by jimmyoneshot

Air File Is Damaged Error

jimmyoneshot Level 1

I keep getting the same "The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. etc..." message every time I attempt to test the install of an air file I've just made from an application in flex. I've tried exporting other applications for release build and they work fine but it just seems this particular one won't work so I know it's not a flex problem. I've tried starting a whole new project and creating a new app and copying and pasting all of the code from the app I need into this new app and exporting that for release build from there but again I get the same error.

Is there any way of finding out what is causing this error and is there a fix for this?

• 1. Re: Air File Is Damaged Error
          jimmyoneshot Level 1

I've heard this could be to do with the update.xml file and air having different versions but how come my other applications run fine whereas this one won't? This makes me think it's something to do with the code of this particular application in question but as it gives you zero details on what is actually "damaged" it is impossible to repair without knowing this.