1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 1, 2007 9:41 AM by kglad

Creating a word-based guessing game

frogmarmalade
      Hi...

I'm currently producing a experimental flash project, which involves both comic-book style imagery, animation and puzzle-solving whereby the user must solve a riddle in order to progress through the story. Of course, the whole project involves one bit of Actionscript 2 on each page in order to get it to work but so far I've only been able to find code for a guessing game with numbers.

The following code is how I've tried to handle this: I'm fairly new to Actionscript so please forgive me! I've attached this code to my "answer_btn" button. "Input" refers to the input textbox in which the correct answer must be typed.

Thanks for your help!
        • 1. Re: Creating a word-based guessing game
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Input is not the same as input.

if input is the instance name of your textfield, you need to use its text property. if input is the variable associated with your textfield, you're ok.

you have a paranthesis mismatch on your 2nd line of code. remove one right paranthesis.

if your button is a true button (not a movieclip button), you're directing the parent timeline of the timeline that contains your button to play "riddle_story".