• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-Sensitive help in RH6

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my last post about Context Sensitive help in RH6 I had question and concern that since our application is written in C# .NET, we use Web Help and if we want to implement CSH, how it is going to be done since in RH6 CSH API supports Visual c/c++, Visual Basic, and Java?

Peter’s response was that it does not matter what language the code is written in, there’s a way to create CSH.

After reading Peter’s comments and info on his site I had been thinking that most likely developers will use Web pages with Java script for the WebHelp API (out of Web pages with JavaScript, C++, Visual Basic and Java applications) until recently I found some information given in RH HTML - Help file about “Calling context-sensitive Help from C# .NET”. Now I am confused because if there is a way to do in C# .NET then obviously our developers will like to use the same language to call CSH.

However, it is still a question for me that if there is any reliable way to call CSH from C# .NET? Everywhere other than RH HTML – Help, it is mentioned to use Java Script. I would appreciate if you can recommend what to use for the WebHelp by your experience and what will work? If one has preference over the other.

Thanks in advance,

Sangeeta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why start a new thread? Helps everyone to keep related information in one thread, people helping and people with the same problem later.

I doubt you will get many answers as most folks here are authors and, as I think I said before, this is a developer issue. I've collated the pages you've looked to help them on their way and it really is down to them now.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response; I almost thought no body is going to reply.

I was not sure if anybody would be able to see my question on the old thread. I guess I was wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes we have to do some work!

When a post is added to a thread, it goes to the top of the list when viewing on the web. For those following by email, they will get the new post.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp