I'm running DreamWeaver v9 on a new Mac Pro 2.66 with about a
Since reinstalling DreamWeaver from CS3 on my new Mac Pro
last week, it has become useless. I open up an existing page and I
get the spinning ball for 3 to 5 minutes. Then when I go to scroll
or attempt to edit any code or text, I get the spinning ball for
another minute or more. Brand new pages, with no online links in
them, work fine at normal speed. But any of the hundreds of
existing pages take forever to load. Same with clicking on any Menu
item; there's a good 15-second pause before any menu drops down.
Is this a known issue, or do I have some setting that's
Wow. VERY very helpful link. Many thanks for this! Always
good to know that the problem is the software, not something I'm
doing! And Adobe's temporary solutions actually all work very nice.
Initially I turned off the "Viewing External Files" but then tried
their "Run on Rosetta" tip, and I find that even better. I'm fine
with it like this. I don't see any slowdowns except on start up (no
biggie). Before you'd linked this, I actually reinstalled
DreamWeaver 8 which immediately fixed the issue. But now I'll just
run 9 in Rosetta until Adobe figures this out. Thanks again.