4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2010 6:54 PM by Intercostal

Rendering Error Message

Intercostal Level 1

In PP CS3, rendering with Adobe Media Encoder, I got this message:

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

[..\..\Scr\AudioRender\StackAudioBuffer.cpp-58]

Anyone know the cause and how to prevent this error? I'm doing test renders as I add sound effects to something I'm working on.

• 1. Re: Rendering Error Message
          Intercostal Level 1

Also, the last thing I did prior to the message/crash was add several audio transition gain crossfades to some wav clips.

• 2. Re: Rendering Error Message
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Not sure where in the Environment these Stacks might be, but I'd wonder if something is not getting in the way regarding your resources, in general. If so, the tips in this ARTICLE might be useful for starting an editing session.

Now, it might be useful to give the full specs. of your Project, and maybe a bit more about the Assets, especially the Audio Assets. You say "WAV," so I will assume that these are PCM/WAV's. Is that correct?

I do not recall of hearing of any issues with regard to Audio Transitions, but might have missed something. I regularly have hundreds of Constant Power Audio Crossfades, and have never gotten any errors. Doesn't mean that Constant Gain Crossfades could not cause such, or that there is not some limit on the number in a Sequence. I've just not encountered this.

Though I doubt that it would figure in here, you might also want to update your audio-card's/chip's driver, just to be sure.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Rendering Error Message
              Intercostal Level 1

Bill, I deleted 5 or so of the audio crossfades(which were on adjacent clips) and was able to do a render without problems. I left 2 of the crossfades.

The wav files are Type: Windows WAVE audio file
              File Size: 1.9 MB
              Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
              Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

How do I check if the files are specifically PCM wav? I bought these particular sound effects.

Also, how would I look up info on the Assets, or audio Assets? Is this something within Premiere or Windows?

The hard drive's new and has the latest audio card driver.

The project is 1920x1080, 29.97 fps. I'm working on a laptop and have so far forestalled the purchase of a workstation

but eventually rendering an 18 minute HD project may force me to purchase one. Right now, the entire 'project' is divided up

into 3 Premiere projects to make things more managable for the time being.

• 4. Re: Rendering Error Message
                the_wine_snob Level 9

For the info on the WAV files, G-Spot can tell you the Audio CODEC. For PCM, it should also show Uncompressed, if it does not show "PCM" directly.

Now, let's look at the workflow for a second. PrPro can handle 44.1KHz files fine, and then just convert these to 48KHz. You might have resource issues on a laptop. What happens if you first use Soundbooth, Audition, or even the free audio-editor, Audacity, to convert these same files to 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV, prior to Import. Let them Conform, and then apply your Transitions? Do you get the same problems, or do thing work better?

Just thinking here, and good luck,

Hunt