7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2010 10:28 AM by JETalmage

exporting hires pdf

Adscp Level 1

Hi

Is there a way to export or print to pdf in Illustrator CS4?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: exporting hires pdf
          Doug Katz Level 4

There is. You can read all about it in the help files.

• 2. Re: exporting hires pdf
            Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP

File>Save As and select Adobe PDF in the center bottom drop-down.

• 3. Re: exporting hires pdf
              Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Doug if you look at the title of the thread it might be of usefulness fr the OP to even try the help files.

Although it is very good advice for them to get use to using the help files, however keep in mind though the help files have important info it is often written in a way that a season pro might have difficulty so the right advice is to get to know the help files and read them very carefully and when it becomes impossible to follow come here for some advice.

• 4. Re: exporting hires pdf
                Doug Katz Level 4

Fair enough, Wade. Though I'd say (elitist me) that the vast majority of information in the help files -- including how to export high resolution PDF files -- is eminently understandable. There are some concepts and operations -- Live Color, the different levels at which an Effect can be applied, Gradient Mesh and others -- that would send me right here for clarification and explanation. Those are the exceptions in my experience.

But of course one could always ask, why read the book when someone's right here to answer the question? I get that.

• 5. Re: exporting hires pdf
                  JETalmage Level 6
                  But of course one could always ask, why read the book when someone's right here to answer the question?

If you'll forgive my answering a rhetorical question: Because often those here most over-eager to answer the question don't know what they're talking about either, and the result is a bunch of laughably inefficient blind-leading-the-blind confusion and making-it-up-as-we-go misinformation.

"Read the instructions" is good advice--even when you do get a lazy-man's "answer" here.

JET

• 6. Re: exporting hires pdf
                    Doug Katz Level 4

James, the stick is almost as far up your butt as it is mine. Not quite. But almost.

We got to loosen up, dude. It's like, there's a whole family of helping people here or whatever. Reading is so yesterday. Relying on your own resourcefulness is like so last year. Get down with social learning, dude. It's all good.

• 7. Re: exporting hires pdf
                      JETalmage Level 6

Doug, given that the stick to which you refer is something written like Post 3, admonishing you that the instructions might be difficult for someone to decipher...well, I'd confidently say that's not a stick, but a limp noodle, and neither of our backsides is in any real danger.

;-)

JET