0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2010 12:35 PM by nIvelyx

ChannelSet vs Endpoint - RemoteObject (+ColdFusion!) - Just Questions

nIvelyx

hello,

I've been working with Flex for a few years now, and recently came across a discussion about channelsets versus the endpoint property in a remoteObject call. My questions are general, but I hope someone can shed some light on this issue:

1. I have an application that is configured with ColdFusion as it's destination, and I'm using a remoteObject. When I specify a dynamic endpoint, I can simply deploy the application across all of my environments, without having to change services-config.xml or remoting-config.xml files. The opposite is true of a channelset; in a channelset it appears as if I have to change the services-config and remoting-config.xml files in order to get my application to work on my environments. With that in mind, why would I use a channelset here versus an endpoint?

2. In the Adobe documentation for channelset, it states that Channelset is used in BlazeDS only (http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/mx/messaging/ChannelSet.html). What does this mean? Is this only accessible because BlazeDS is built into ColdFusion? If I do not have BlazeDS available, what happens to the channel set?

3. What types of applications would you use Channelset for? If you know the endpoint (e.g. www.yourwebsite.com/flex2gateway/secureamf), why would you use channelset over the endpoint property?

Thank you for your help.