3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2008 9:11 PM by dennis longnecker

MX 8 upgrade CFREPORT failed

dennis longnecker Level 1
      My website provider upgraded my website to MX 8 and now my CFREPORT functions that produce mailing labels are failing. I've done some googles on the error, but really can't find anything to help. The error message is at such:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class coldfusion.runtime.report.Report
      at coldfusion.tagext.lang.ReportTag.doEndTag(ReportTag.java:581)
      at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.java:2645)
      at cfClubMailingLabels_old2ecfm808757554.runPage(E:\Domains\gyro4.org\wwwroot\reports\ClubMa ilingLabels_old.cfm:184)
      at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:192)
      at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:366)
      at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
      at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:279)
      at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
      at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
      at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)
      at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
      at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:2 8)
      at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
      at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
      at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
      at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
      at coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(RequestThrottleFilter.java:126)
      at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)
      at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
      at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
      at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42 )
      at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
      at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
      at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
      at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:284)
      at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
      at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
      at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

MY envrionment variables are:

coldfusion.classPath = C:\ColdFusion8\runtime/../lib/updates,C:\ColdFusion8\runtime/../lib,C:\ColdFusion8\runtim e/../gateway/lib/,C:\ColdFusion8\runtime/../wwwroot/WEB-INF/flex/jars,C:\ColdFusion8\runti me/../wwwroot/WEB-INF/cfform/jars

ava.class.path C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\servers\lib;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\servers\lib\jrun-patch.jar;C:\C oldFusion8\runtime\..\lib\macromedia_drivers.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\cfmx_mbean.jar ;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\cfmx_mbean.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runti me\lib\instutil.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\java2wsdl.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\jr un-ant-tasks.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\jrun-xdoclet.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\jr un.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\jspc.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\migrate.jar;C:\ColdF usion8\runtime\lib\oem-xdoclet.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\sniffer.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\r untime\lib\webservices.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\wsconfig.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\ lib\wsdl2java.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\xmlscript.jar;C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\lib\jrun .jar

ANy suggestions?
        • 1. Re: MX 8 upgrade CFREPORT failed
          ksmith Level 1
          I would test for yourself in a developer version of ColdFusion 8 which you can get free here. You should also download the current version of ReportBuilder which you can access from the " Related ColdFusion downloads" link.

I have seen some reports require being opened in CF8's reportbuilder and saved, in order to run properly. You should update the report in order to allow the save to work. Just add and delete a space or something to the report.

Let us know your results.
          • 2. Re: MX 8 upgrade CFREPORT failed
            I did the new version of the report builder thing and a new file was created. However, still get a Java error:

ROOT CAUSE:
            java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class coldfusion.runtime.report.Report
            at coldfusion.tagext.lang.ReportTag.doEndTag(ReportTag.java:581)
            at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.java:2645)
            at cfClubMailingLabels2ecfm1875222314.runPage(E:\Domains\gyro4.org\wwwroot\reports\ClubMaili ngLabels.cfm:263)
            at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:192)
            at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:366)
            at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
            at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:279)
            at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
            at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
            at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)
            at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
            at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:2 8)
            at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
            at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
            at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
            at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
            at coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(RequestThrottleFilter.java:126)
            at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)
            at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
            at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
            at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42 )
            at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
            at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
            at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
            at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
            at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
            at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:284)
            at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
            at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
            at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
            at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
            at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
            at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

• 3. Re: MX 8 upgrade CFREPORT failed
              Okay. When I install the developer version of ColdFusion 8 on my Mac, the cfreport works just fine...with or without redoing my crfeport programs.

Any suggestions on how to debug it?