4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 2:05 AM by euroangler1

How do I create a website on 2 computers?

euroangler1

Hello

I am looking to build a new website with help from a friend. I phoned Adobe and was told I would need to buy 2 copies of Dreamweaver which I have done, how do I now set it up so he can do some of it from his house and I can do some from here please? We are both on Mac if that is relevant

• 1. Re: How do I create a website on 2 computers?
          370H55V Level 4

Without being on the same network, "it ain't so easy".

You could use version cue if you were on the same network.

Without it, you have to very good about communicating, and updating individual files so niether oif you overwrites the other's work.

I'd look into a VPN client to link the two systems, but I've never used one on the Mac. Remote Desktop would probably be the best choice.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I create a website on 2 computers?
            euroangler1 Level 1

Ok thanks for that, I will look into it. I was thinking that once the basic template is designed it would only be a matter of filling in the various pages with the products I will be selling so we could take a complete section each so there was no overlap if that would work?

Assuming I design this template, how would he then be able to access it as his Dreamweaver serial number is different to mine or is there a way of giving him access so he can work on it aswell?

• 3. Re: How do I create a website on 2 computers?
              bregent Most Valuable Participant

>was thinking that once the basic template is designed it

>would only be a matter of filling in the various pages with

>the products I will be selling so we could take a complete

>section each so there was no overlap if that would work?

Make sure you use the Check In/Out features to ensure you don't overwrite each other's work.

>Assuming I design this template, how would he then be able

>to access it as his Dreamweaver serial number is different to

>mine or is there a way of giving him access so he can work on it aswell?

I don't get what you are asking. Templates are not tied to registration/serial numbers. Once the template is designed, upload it to the site so your partner can download and use it.

• 4. Re: How do I create a website on 2 computers?
                euroangler1 Level 1

Thanks, all sorted