3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 2:58 PM by legodt

Full Screen Help

Art_Of_WAR

Would anyone be so kind as to to tell me how to get my exported FC to run fullscreen please? A fit window with content centered.

I built a presentation that will need to run on a variety of monitors, both computer and regular TV.

I'm supposing that Flash or Flash Builder will do it but I'm an idiot not so good with the code stuff and I'm assuming that I would use FlashPlayer.

I tried to get it into PDF but to no avail, yet. That was InDesign to PDF, am about to see if I can get AI to do it.

S.

• 1. Re: Full Screen Help
          legodt Level 1

This comment exists to prove to you that others like you exist and to possibly bump the discussion.

• 2. Re: Full Screen Help
            Bear Travis Adobe Employee

Hello,

Doing this with a Catalyst project is kind of tricky. The easiest way to do it that I have found is:

1. Export your Catalyst project as a .swf, let's say, "Main.swf"

2. Create a new Catalyst project, let's call it "Wrapper"

3. Import Main.swf, place it on the Artboard

4. Add a button to Wrapper, and add an onClick -> open URL interaction

5. Save Wrapper and bring it in to Builder

6. Open "Main.mxml" and in the script tag, insert the following code:

private function toggleFullScreen():void {

var fullscreen:Boolean = stage.displayState == StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;

var newState:String;

if (fullscreen)

newState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;

else

newState = StageDisplayState.NORMAL;

try {

stage.displayState = newState;

// insert adjustment code here

} catch (any:*) {

//ignore

}

}

7. Replace the button_clickHandler()'s contents with "toggleFullScreen()"

This will get you in and out of fullScreen mode. You'll still have to scale your .swf to make it "fit" properly. You can make the adjustments in the "insert adjustment code here", and you'll probably want to base the .swf's size off of stage.width and stage.height.

The whole process here is derived from a very nice article from the FlexExample's blog which you can read here:

http://blog.flexexamples.com/2009/03/15/creating-full-screen-flex-applications-in-flex-gum bo-swfobject-edition/

There is an alternative method available over here.

• 3. Re: Full Screen Help
              legodt Level 1

Thanks!