2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2010 6:53 PM by kentRda

Combining projects into one project

kentRda Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone tried, or does anyone know if it is possible to combine two seperate projects to become one.  Now that we have Blu-ray and it is possible to pack a lot onto one disk, it would be very advantageous if I took a number of my 20 minute projects and combined them on one disk as chapters.  Thanks so much for your response! Kent

• 1. Re: Combining projects into one project
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Normally, with SD DVD Projects, the workflow is to edit each Project, and then Export/Share to DV-AVI Type II files with 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV Audio. With HD Projects, there are some other considerations, such as working with AVCHD, or H.264 source files to start, and that the Project is HD, and not SD. These AV files are then just Imported into a new "master" Project for final output.

The Export/Share should not introduce any additional compression to the files, as they are already compressed upon capture. Each generation of compression will take a toll. I'd look at adding something, like the Lagarith Lossless CODEC. I believe that it handles HD footage, but only do SD Projects, so you might need to check this out. Another "likely suspect" would be the HDV CODEC.

Maybe someone doing this with HD source footage, and HD Projects can comment - there might be a better CODEC for the transfer files.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Combining projects into one project
            kentRda Level 1

Hunt,

Thanks so much for your reply. I am, in fact, working with HD/AVCHD media.   I will give your suggestions a try and will post the results. Thanks again, Kent