2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2010 12:32 PM by the_wine_snob

Flickering issues during Fast movements from Mpeg imported file

video.mack

Hi, I'm using the mpeg file to do the editing in Premier pro. But when the edited file is exported and viewd on TV screen, I notice flickering issues when we have fast movement camera or people. How do I correct this

• 1. Re: Flickering issues during Fast movements from Mpeg imported file
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

MPEG is highly compressed and not made to be edited

Go to the section of my notes file concerning editing compressed files to read why

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM

Either obtain an edit type file, or convert the MPEG to DV AVI type 2 with 48khz 16bit sound outside of Premiere

Realize you will take a quality hit in converting a compressed file to an edit file

• 2. Re: Flickering issues during Fast movements from Mpeg imported file
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I've got one question, regarding this statement,

But when the edited file is exported and viewd on TV screen, I notice flickering issues when we have fast movement camera or people.

How are you displaying the AV on the TV? Are you going to a DVD/BD, or is the TV hooked up to the computer?

There might be some Interlacing issues, and some improvement might be possible, but like John T. states, MPEG is not an ideal source to begin with, due to the heavy compression. If you then go to DVD, you are compressing yet again, and what you see is an artifact of the multiple compression used.

Good luck, and let us know more details about your display/delivery.

Hunt